- Increase your flash output about 2 2/3 stops.
- Shoot at greater distances with smaller apertures.
- Reduces battery drain.
- Weighs just 2 1/2 ounces.
- Holds the Fresnel lens in place with no sagging or flopping.
- Simple and quick set up and removal.
- Fits in your pocket!
Finally, a projected flash unit for telephoto lenses that is lightweight and sturdy and fits in your shirt pocket when it is disassembled! Flash output is increased about two stops; this allows shooting at greater distances and shooting with smaller apertures. Reduces the drain on battery power by two-thirds.
This ingeniously designed product is, indeed, the Better Mousetrap. It weighs just 21/2 ounces. The rugged, injection-molded plastic side supports are attached to the flash head by a sturdy elastic band. The rigid supports FIRMLY hold the Fresnel screen in place in both Horizontal and Vertical formats. Set-up is simple and takes less than a minute and removal is even easier.
If you are tired of having your flash multiplier flop all over the place in the field and take up half your suitcase while traveling, then the Better Beamer is for you. Order yours today.
- FX-1; For most flashes with a flash head thickness of approximately 1 1/2 to 1 9/16 inches (like Canon 430EZ, 380, and 199d, the Nikon SB24 & SB28, the Minolta 5200 and 5400s, and the Pentax 5000 AF) specify FX-1.
The Canon 380 flash measures 1 ½ inches and will fit properly with the shims (included). The measurement between the ears of the FX-1 is 1 9/16 inches.)
The FX-1B is correct for the Nikon SB 80 and the SB 80dx specify FX-1B.
(Note: We do not recommend the use of a Better Beamer with the Nikon SB-50 due to problems with rigidity. Additionally, no Better Beamer is a perfect fit for the Canon 420 EX. Some folks have had success jury-rigging the FX-1B (which is the closest fit for this older Canon flash). We will gladly refund your money (less our shipping costs) for any Better Beamer returned in as-new condition.
FX-2; For larger flash heads (like the Canon 540EZ & the 550EZ, the Nikon SB25 & SB26, The Sigma EF 500, and the Minolta 5600 HS specify FX-2. (This Minolta flash needs to have extra shim material (not included) wrapped around the front of the unit)
(The measurement between the ears of the FX-2 is 1 ¾ inches.)
- The FX-3 is designed specifically for the Canon 580 EX and 580 EX II and the Nikon SB700. Also fits the Canon 600 EX and similar units.
- The new FX-4 is custom fitted for the Nikon SB 800 and SB 600 flash units.
- The FX-5 is custom-designed for the Canon 430EX
- The new FX-6 is custom fitted for the Nikon SB-900 and similar flash units
- FX-6 also fits the Canon 600 EX II-RT
If your flash is not listed above, you need to measure the height of the flash head and then call or email us.