The Lessons From the Field/BIRDS AS ART Style Video ($10 via download)
As this file is a large one, be sure to upload it when you have a good internet connection.
The video features 314 of artie’s best images, educational and otherwise. Based on his 35 years of in-the-field experience, it covers all the basics along with many fine points. Are you making mistakes that give you no chance to create a great image? Learning to avoid those and learning to think like a pro will make you a better photographer. If you purchase and study the video, it will surely prove to be the best ten dollars you’ve ever spent on photography.
Included are sections entitled as follows:
- How do I know what to photograph? Thoughts on Creative Vision.
- I I had to choose just one, sunny or cloudy, what would I do?
- When the sun is out, point your shadow at the subject.
- Silhouettes and backlight.
- Image design basics.
- The importance of isolating your subject.
- The importance of the background.
- Other elements of composition.
- On getting low.
- Going wide for bird-scapes.
- Creating pleasing blurs.
- Photographing flowers, trees, and plants.
- Photographing in bad weather; don’t be a wuss!
- Photographing in tough conditions; don’t be a wuss!
- Patterns and details.
- Photographing birds in flight.
- Photographing birds in action and bird behavior.
- Working a subject.
- The search for Happy Campers.
- Tackle your bucket list with a vengeance.